- Chairman of the Board of Governors, Chief Executive Officers and President, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio
- M.D., University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1966
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, Children’s Hospital of Boston
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital
- General Surgery, University of Rochester-Strong Memorial Hospital
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
& Admitting Privileges
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Dr. Delos Cosgrove is the Chief Executive Officer and President of Cleveland Clinic. A renowned specialist in his field, Dr. Cosgrove previously served as the Chairman of the Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Department at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. His specialties included repair and replacement of mitral and aortic valves, homografts, innovations in minimally invasive heart valve surgery, extended use of the internal mammary artery, use of the gastroepiploic artery, inferior gastric artery, and brachial artery as alternative conduits, dissecting aneurysms, computerized invasive technology for dispensing medications, and blood conservation. In addition, he has developed and filed 17 patents, including the Cosgrove Mitral Valve Retractor, the Stentless Aortic Valve, Low Velocity Aortic Cannula and the Cosgrove-Baxter Annuloplasty System for the use of valve repairs.
Dr. Cosgrove holds office in the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American College of Surgeons, and The American Heart Association.
His has written for over 450 citations, including journal articles, book chapters, one published book, and 17 training and continuing medical education films. In addition, he serves as a member of several U.S. and international editorial boards including Annals of Thoracic Surgery, American Heart Journal, Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery (Italy), Medical Principles and Practices (Kuwait), and The Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeon (Germany).Complete Medical Advisory Board List