- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York
- Former Chief of Service, New York Heart Institute, New York Presbyterian-Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, 1965
- Internal Medicine, New York Presbyterian-Columbia University Medical Center, 1966
- Internal Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia, New York, New York, 1971
- Cardiovascular Disease, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, 1970
- American Board of Internal Medicine
& Admitting Privileges
- New York Presbyterian-Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York
Dr. Michael H. Cohen is an internist with a special interest in cardiology. He earned the rank of Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, in New York City in 1990. Dr. Cohen entered medical school at the age of 19 having been selected to the Accelerated Program at the Johns Hopkins Medical School in Baltimore, Maryland. He completed his Internship and Residency training at the New York Presbyterian Hospital of Columbia University and was chosen to serve as Chief Resident of Medicine.
Dr. Cohen has special expertise in congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, hypertension, coronary bypass surgery, and coronary angioplasty, and stenting.
Aside from patient care, Dr. Cohen teaches medical and cardiology trainees in the Coronary Care Unit of the Columbia University Medical Center and previously served as a Chief of Service at the New York Heart Institute of CUMC. At Columbia University's College of Physicians & Surgeons he has developed a fourth year medical student course to demonstrate "Bedside Clinical Reasoning."
Dr. Cohen has devoted his career in medicine to diagnosing and healing those who are ill as well as helping them to maintain the best of health. He also teaches medical students and house staff trainees at CUMC how to deliver the best and most humane of medical care. He prides himself in being the "Captain of the Ship" to all patients under his care.Complete Medical Advisory Board List