- Adjunct Associate Professor of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York
- Director, Integrative Health, Martha Stewart Center for Living/Coffey Geriatrics Practice, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York
- M.D., University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1975
- Internal Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, 1976
- Internal Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, 1978
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics
& Admitting Privileges
- Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, New York
Dr. Patricia Bloom has been involved in geriatric patient care, education, and research for over 30 years. She is the past Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs of the Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development faculty at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She recently completed a year-long sabbatical, studying complementary therapies and healthy aging. Dr. Bloom is currently an adjunct associate professor of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine; and the Director of Integrative Health for the Martha Stewart Center for Living/Coffey Geriatrics Practice at Mount Sinai. Her major interests include the promotion of healthy aging, integrative health, stress reduction and mindfulness meditation.
After training in internal medicine at Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, New York, Dr. Bloom joined the faculty of the Department of Medicine at Montefiore and Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Here she was instrumental in helping to establish a new Division of Geriatric Medicine at the hospital and developing the curriculum in geriatric medicine for the college. She became the Director of Education for the Division of Geriatric Medicine at St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Center, and later became the chief of the division. In 2002 she joined the faculty at Mount Sinai as Vice Chair in the Department of Geriatrics.
Dr. Bloom is an active member in numerous professional societies including the Metropolitan Area Geriatrics Society, American Geriatrics Society, the American College of Physicians and The Gerontological Society of America.Complete Medical Advisory Board List