Medical Advisory Board
David B. Samadi, M.D.
Dr. David Samadi is Chairman of Urology and Chief of Robotic Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital, and Professor of Urology at Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine. He was previously Vice Chairman of the Department of Urology and Chief of Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery at The Mount Sinai Medical Center. He is a board-certified urologist, specializing in urologic diseases, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, laparoscopic prostate surgery, robotic prostate surgery and robotic prostatectomy. Research interests include prostate cancer, robotic prostatectomy, laparoscopic surgery, bladder cancer, robotic cystectomy, kidney cancer, kidney transplant and erectile dysfunction.
Uniquely, Dr. Samadi is one of the few US urologic surgeons trained in oncology, open, laparoscopic, and robotic surgery. He is a leader in prostate cancer treatment and Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy and has performed over 3600 robotic laparoscopic prostate surgeries. Dr. Samadi has operated on many celebrities, including Roy Emerson, Hall of Fame Tennis Pro.
Dr. Samadi is the Founder and Director of Mount Sinai’s Robotic Fellowship Program. He is also an international lecturer and has written many publications, including articles in Urologic Oncology, Journal of the Society of Laparascopic Surgeons, Journal of Robotic Surgery, and the World Journal of Urology
Dr. Samadi has been featured in Forbes Magazine, Connecticut’s cable news channel, Cable News 12, and his articles have been published in many medical journals. He is also the Fox News Medical “A-Team” expert. Dr. Samadi is a member of the American Urologic Association and the American Medical Association.
- Chair of Urology, Chief of Robotic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York
- Professor of Urology, Hofstra North Shore – LIJ School of Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital
- M.D., S.U.N.Y., Stony Brook School of Medicine, Stony Brook, New York, 1994
- General Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, New York, New York, 1996
- Urology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York, 2000
- Urology Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, 2001
- Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery, Henri Mondor Hospital, France, 2002
- American Board of Urology
& Admitting Privileges
- Lenox Hill Hospital