Medical Advisory Board
George P. Rodgers, M.D.
Dr. George P. Rodgers is currently the Chief Medical Officer of Biophysical Corporation, an Austin, Texas based company dedicated to advancing clinical knowledge through its research in the field of biomarkers. He continues to practice clinical cardiology with Seton Heart Institute.
Dr. Rodgers graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University with a degree in Geology and from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas where he was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha. Dr. Rodgers completed his residency training at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and cardiology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. Rodgers had been in private practice as a cardiologist in Austin since 1989. During that time he served on numerous local and national committees on cardiovascular disease. Dr. Rodgers is Chairman of the Board of Governors of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and was recently elected Chair of the Workforce Task Force and Secretary. Additionally, in March 2006, he became a member of the ACC/ACCF Executive Committee and ACC Board of Trustees. Dr. Rodgers serves on the Board of Governors Steering Committee, Clinical Competency Taskforce and the EBCT Writing Committee with the American College of Cardiology. He is currently the President of the Texas Chapter of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Rodgers is on the editorial board of the American Heart Hospital Journal. He has published over forty articles on cardiovascular disease and has been the principle investigator on numerous research projects. Dr. Rodgers has a special interest in the early detection and treatment of atherosclerosis and is the founding member of the Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging. He initiated the first hypertrophic cardiomyopathy screening program for student athletes in Central Texas.
Dr. Rodgers was President of Austin Heart, the premier cardiology group in Central Texas from 1999-2004. He was the Medical Director for the Heart Hospital of Austin in 2004 which was recently designated a Center of Excellence for United HealthCare. He continues to serve as the President of the Austin Heart Foundation whose mission is to serve the greater Austin community in cardiovascular care.
- Chief Medical Officer, Biophysical Corporation
- Staff Physician, Seton Heart Institute, Austin, Texas
- President, Texas Chapter of the American College of Cardiology
- Chairman of the Board of Governors, American College of Cardiology
- President, Championship Hearts Foundation
- M.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, 1983
- Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, 1986
- Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 1989
- American Board of Internal Medicine/Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Hospital Affiliations/Admitting Privileges
- Seton Medical Center