Medical Advisory Board
H. Michael Belmont, M.D.
After obtaining his medical degree at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Dr. Belmont completed his residency at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and a fellowship in Rheumatology at the New York University Medical Center-Bellevue Hospital. Dr. Belmont’s expertise includes connective tissue disorders, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, Wegener’s Granulomatosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, systemic vasculitis, and scleroderma.
His research interests include mechanisms of vascular injury in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), the role of complement, adhesion molecules, nitric oxide and endothelial cells in SLE, and novel therapies for lupus nephritis.
Dr. Belmont has authored article in numerous peer-reviewed journals, including the Journal of Rheumatology, Arthritis & Rheumatology, Lupus, and the New England Journal of Medicine. Additionally, Dr. Belmont is a Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology, a member of the Executive Committee of the New York Rheumatism Association, and on the Board of Governors of the New York Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation. He is widely recognized as a leader in the research and clinical fields of rheumatology.
- Professor, Department of Medicine
Associate Clinical Director of Affairs, Division of Rheumatology
New York University School of Medicine
- Medical Director
Hospital for Joint Diseases
New York, New York
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1980
- Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, 1981
- Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, New York, 1983
- Rheumatology, New York University Medical Center-Bellevue Hospital, New York, New York, 1985
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology
& Admitting Privileges
- Hospital for Joint Diseases
- University Hospital of the New York University Medical Center
- Bellevue Hospital, New York University Medical Center