Medical Advisory Board
Harold E. Fox, M.D.
Dr. Fox is the former Chairman of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, and Gynecologist/Obstetrician-in-Chief at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He is currently a University Distinguished Service Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Johns Hopkins Medicine.
He received both his doctorate with honors and his Masters in Science in Fetal Physiology from the University of Rochester in New York. He fulfilled his internship, residency and fellowship at the University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital.
He has received numerous awards, honors and appointments, including the Sloane Hospital for Women Distinguished Service award in 1995 and the APGO National Teaching Award in 2000.
Dr. Fox is an avid researcher and has been awarded several grants in support of his research. These include NIH Funding to study the treatment and prevention of pediatric HIV infection. Currently, his research interests includes stem cell rescue for neurological injury, birth trauma, and perinatal asphyxia. He has served in numerous prestigious positions, including: Director of AIDS Program, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center; ACOG, Presidential Appointee to Guidelines for Women’s Healthcare Editorial Committee, Member of the Advisory board for Continuing Medical Education at Johns Hopkins University, and past President of the New York Perinatal Association. Dr. Fox continues to serve as Vice Chairman of the Medical Board at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He co-chairs the Maryland State Governor’s Commission on Infant Mortality Committee
He has also published over 80 articles.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- University Distinguished Service Professor of Gynecology & Obstetrics,
- Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- M.D., University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, 1972
- M.S., Fetal Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 1972
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
& Admitting Privileges
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medeical Center
- Howard County General Hospital