Medical Advisory Board
Mark D. Brown, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Brown is a full-time faculty member of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine. As well as being the Professor and Chairman of the department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Dr. Brown also serves as Co-Director of the University of Miami Tissue Bank and has a secondary appointment in the Department of Neurological Surgery.
As an expert in low back pain disorders, his research interests include disc herniation, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis and sciatica; as well as the cause, prevention and cure of other painful spinal disorders. He is a member of many medical societies, including the American Medical Association, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (of which he is a founding member), and the Orthopaedic Research Society.
He has received numerous awards, including the Distinguished Alumnus Award, College of Graduate Studies, Thomas Jefferson University, the Arthritis Foundation’s Dr. William E. Burkhalter, Sr. Memorial Award for Excellence in Orthopaedics, the Eastern Orthopaedic Association Award for Spinal Research and a Traveling Fellowship from the Orthopaedic Research Society.
Dr. Brown frequently discusses his research findings through lectures, editorials, symposia, videos and scientific exhibits. He has published more than 71 scientific papers and contributed to several books. Additionally, Dr. Brown is the author of his own book Conquer Back and Neck Pain: Walk It Off! A Spine Doctor’s Proven Solutions for Finding Relief Without Pills or Surgery.
The University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida
- Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopedics
- Professor and Director, Center for Orthopedic Research and Education
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1965
- Ph.D., Experimental Pathology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1969
- Orthopedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1971
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
& Admitting Privileges
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- University of Miami and Clinics