Medical Advisory Board
Mark R. Magnusson, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Mark Magnusson has been in practice as a pediatrician for over 20 years and currently serves as the Medical Director of Children’s Hospital Home Care, at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He also serves as the Co-Director of the Diagnostic Center and as an attending physician in pediatrics. Dr. Magnusson was appointed Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania in 2004. He is certified by both the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Home Care Physicians.
Dr Magnusson has several areas of special interest including home care, complex care coordination, Lyme disease, chronic fatigue, and dysautonomia.
Dr. Magnusson is on the Medical School Admissions Committee at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and participates on a number of committees at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, including the Ethics Committee (which he co-chairs), the Patient Safety Advisory Committee, the Health Information Management Committee (which he chairs), and serves as the Vice President of the Executive Committee of the Medical Staff.
Among the many honors and awards Dr. Magnusson has received throughout his career, he was named to the Faculty Honor Roll at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia three years in a row. In 1999, he received the Brighter Futures Award granted by the City of Philadelphia Department of Health Office of Mental Retardation. Dr. Magnusson has authored over 20 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters.
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Medical Director, Home Care and Case Management
- Co-Director, Diagnostic Center
- Attending Physician, General Pediatrics
- President of the Medical Staff
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, 1985
- Ph.D., Cardiopulmonary Physiology, North Dakota Graduate School, 1981
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1989
- Alfred I duPont Institute, Wilmington, Delaware
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Home Care Physicians
& Admitting Privileges
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia