Medical Advisory Board
Michael A. Weiner, M.D.
Dr. Michael Weiner is a native New Yorker. He is a graduate of Dickinson College and received his Medical Degree from the State University of New York Health Sciences Center in Syracuse, New York. His postgraduate training was at Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York University and the Johns Hopkins University Hospital. Dr. Weiner specializes in pediatric leukemia and lymphomas.
He has devoted his career to children afflicted with cancer and their families. His particular interests include patients with Hodgkin’s Disease and acute leukemia and he has been a leading clinical investigator on a national level in the development of treatment regimens for patients with these diseases. He served as a past chair of the Hodgkin Lymphoma Committee of the Children’s Oncology Group; which is the world’s largest organization devoted exclusively to childhood and adolescent cancer research. Today, he is a Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center and the Founder of the Hope & Heroes Children’s Cancer Fund.
- Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Columbia University Medical Center
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse, Syracuse, New York, 1972
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1974
- Pediatrics, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York, 1976
- Medical Oncology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, 1977
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
& Admitting Privileges
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Columbia University Medical Center