Ralph G. Dacey, Jr., M.D.
Dr. Dacey is a board certified neurosurgeon. He is professor and chairman of neurological surgery at Washington University School of Medicine and a staff neurosurgeon at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. His areas of clinical interest include, but are not limited to, intracranial aneurysms, sub-arachnoid hemorrhage, cavernous malformation, arteriovenous malformation, cervical and lumbar disc herniation, nerve compression, cerebrovascular disease, vertebral artery blockage, pituitary tumors and meningiomas. He has authored and co-authored multiple scientific articles in peer-reviewed medical journals.
Dr. Dacey is a member of several prestigious medical societies including the American Academy of Neurological Surgery (served as treasurer from 2004 to 2007), Advisory Council of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, American Board of Neurological Surgery (served as chairman from 2004 to 2005), and the Society of Neurological Surgeons (served as chairman of the Research Review Committee). He sits on the editorial boards of many medical journals, among them, Contemporary Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurosurgery, Neurobiology of Disease, Annals of Surgery, and the American Journal of Physiology. He participates in clinical trials testing new medical devices and has been the recipient of numerous NIH grants for research in intracerebral microcirculation and vascular defects.
- Henry G. and Edith R. Schwarz Professor and Chairman, Neurological Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
- Staff Surgeon, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
M.D., University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1974
Internal Medicine, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, New York, 1976
- Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1977
- Neurology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1983
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
Hospital Affiliations & Admitting Privileges
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital