Medical Advisory Board
Steven T. Rosen, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Upon earning his medical degree with distinction from Northwestern University Medical School, Dr. Steven Rosen continued on to Northwestern’s residency program in Internal Medicine. Dr. Rosen then completed a fellowship in Medical Oncology at the National Cancer Institute. Currently, he is the provost and chief scientific officer for City of Hope and a member of City of Hope’s Executive Team. He is also the director of the comprehensive Cancer Center, the Beckman Research Institute and the Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences.
In addition to his extensive clinical work, Dr. Rosen focuses much of his expertise on research. The goals of his lab work are to understand the molecular pathways underlying biologic therapies of cancer and specifically, the hormonal and nucleoside analog treatment of hematologic malignancies. Dr. Rosen and his research team also hope to develop therapeutic approaches that are effective in glucocorticoid resistant tumors.
Dr. Rosen has received many grants, awards and contracts including grants from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of American and the American Cancer Society. He has written more than 200 publications, including articles in Clinical Advances in Hematology & Oncology, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Leukemia & Lymphoma, Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, and the Journal of the American Chemical Society, among others. Dr. Rosen has served on several editorial boards and is the editor of Cancer Treatment & Research. He is on the advisory boards of NCI-designated Cancer Centers, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of America, the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, the Lymphoma Research Foundation and the Wendy Will Cancer Research Foundation and has served as advisor to Great Britain’s Cancer Research Campaign.
Dr. Rosen has received Northwestern University Medical School’s “Alumni Achievement Award”, Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s “Martin Luther King Humanitarian Award”, the “Marv Samuel Award” from the Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities and has been recognized by the Women’s Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital for Compassionate Care.
City of Hope Hospital, Duarte, California
- Irell & Manella Cancer Center Director’s Distinguished Chair
- Provost and Chief Scientific Officer, City of Hope Hospital
- Director, Beckman Research, Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, California
- Professor and Director, Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Professor, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- M.D., Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, 1976
- Internal Medicine, McGaw Medical Center, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, 1979
- Medical Oncology, National Institute of Health, National Cancer Institute, 1981
- American Board of Internal Medicine
& Admitting Privileges
- City of Hope Hospital