Timothy E. Guiney, M.D.
Dr. Guiney is currently serving as Medical Director of the International Patient Center of the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. He is also an Associate Clinical Professor of Harvard Medical School.
After achieving his doctorate degree from the Harvard Medical School, he completed his residency in Medicine at Duke University Medical Center in North Carolina. He also fulfilled research fellowships at Massachusetts General Hospital (US Public Health Service Trainee in Pathology), Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, Boston, MA (Clinical and Research Fellow in Cardiology), Harvard Medical School of Public Health-Department of Nutrition (Research Fellow in Cardiology), and Harvard Medical School (Research Fellow in Medicine).
Dr. Guiney has been a clinical associate of the National Heart Hospital in London as well as honorary consultant in Cardiology at the St. George’s Hospital in London. He held administrative responsibilities at the Boston Heart Foundation, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Martha’s Vineyard Hospital. He is an active member of the American Heart Association, the Aesculipan Club, the Massachusetts Heart Association and Boylston Medical Society.
Dr. Guiney’s primary clinical interests are coronary artery diseases, cardiology, and vascular surgery. He has written over 24 original reports and 5 book chapters in those areas.
- Medical Director, International Patient Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Associate Clinical Professor, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
M.D., Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 1966
- Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
- Cardiovascular Disease, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Research, U.S. Public Health Service Trainee in Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- American Board of Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Hospital Affiliations & Admitting Privileges
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Martha’s Vineyard Hospital