Henry S. Friedman, M.D.
Dr. Henry S. Friedman, an internationally renowned neuro-oncologist who helps lead The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke University, is the author of more than 500 peer reviewed articles, reviews, and book chapters. He is also a committed educator who is a member of the Executive and Super Executive Committees of Duke Medical School, responsible for the recruitment, screening and selection of medical students. He is the Senior Editor of CNS Oncology, the Associate Editor for the Neuro-Oncology Section of Cancer and is a reviewer for over 25 academic journals. Dr. Friedman serves on the advisory board of a number of organizations including Voices Against Brain Cancer, the Tug McGraw Foundation, PinnacleCare, the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, the National Children’s Cancer Society and the American Brain Tumor Association. He has received the Visionary Award from the Tug McGraw Foundation and the Gary Lichtenstein Humanitarian Award from the Voices Against Brain Cancer Foundation.
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina:
- Professor of Neuro-Oncology
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Professor of Surgery and Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
- Deputy Director, The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center
M.D., State University of New York, Syracuse, New York, 1977
- Pediatrics, State University of New York, Syracuse, New York, 1979
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, Upstate Medical Center, New York, New York, 1981
Pediatric Hematology- Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, 1983
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Hospital Affiliations & Admitting Privileges
Duke University Medical Center